The x-IMU was designed to be the most versatile Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) and Attitude Heading Reference System (AHRS) platform available. Its host of on-board sensors, algorithms, configurable auxiliary port and real-time communication via USB, Bluetooth or UART make it both a powerful sensor and controller. The on-board SD card* , battery charger (via USB), real-time clock/calendar and motion trigger wake up also make the x-IMU an ideal standalone data logger.
The x-IMU GUI can be used to configure settings, view real-time sensor data, perform calibration and export data to user software; e.g. Microsoft Excel. The x-IMU MATLAB library provides all the tools required to import, organise and plot data in MATLAB. User software can be developed using the x-IMU API.
* SD-card, USB cable, Bluetooth dongle not included.
- Triple axis 16-bit gyroscope – Selectable range up to ±2000 °/s
- Triple axis 12-bit accelerometer – Selectable range up to ±8 g
- Triple axis 12-bit magnetometer – Selectable range up to ±8.1 G
- 12-bit battery voltage level
- Factory calibrated
- Temperature compensated (gyroscope only)
- Selectable data rates up to 512 Hz
- IMU and AHRS algorithms provide real-time measurement of orientation
relative to the Earth
- Internal states updated at 512 Hz
- Algorithm ‘initialise’ and ‘tare’ commands can be sent in real-time
- Complete sensor calibration algorithms for user maintenance
- External power in from 3.6 V to 6.3 V
- 3.3 V power out up to 100 mA
- Digital I/O mode – 8 channels, controlled via USB or Bluetooth
- Analogue input mode – 8 channels, 12-bit resolution, 0 to 3.3 V
- PWM output mode – 4 channels, 1 to 65,535 Hz, controlled via USB or Bluetooth
- UART mode – 3.3 V, 2400 to 230.4k baud, substitutes Bluetooth
- LiPo battery – On-board charging via USB
- External source from 3.6 V to 6.3 V
- Low power consumption – 50 mA to 150 mA dependent on settings and usage, 130 µA sleep mode
- Dimensions: 33 × 42 × 10 mm (57 × 38 × 21 mm with plastic housing and battery)
- Weight: 12g (49 g with plastic housing and battery)
- Motion triggered wake-up and sleep timer
- Real-time clock and calendar
- Configurable command button
- Configurable 8 channel auxiliary port
- Bluetooth – Class 1, 100m range, SPP
- Micro SD card – Supports FAT16/32 and SDHC
- UART (see auxiliary port mode)
- View, edit and backup all internal x-IMU settings
- Real-time 2D and 3D data graphics
- Control panels for auxiliary port
- Data logger and file converter for exporting data; e.g. to MATLAB, Microsoft Excel, etc.
- Magnetic calibration tools
- Firmware bootloader to access new features in future x-IMU firmware versions
Open-source resources are released under the Creative Commons Share-alike 3.0 unless an alternative licence is specified in source files.